Last modified: October 8, 2019
Proprietary Variety Management, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website provarmanagement.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at:
1330 N. 16th Ave., Ste. A
Yakima, WA 98902
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not respond to “Do Not Track” web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your email address. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Proprietary Variety Management, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Proprietary Variety Management, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Proprietary Variety Management, LLC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email you receive or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to INFO@PROVARMANAGEMENT.COM. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California’s “shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to INFO@PROVARMANAGEMENT.COM or write us at: 1330 N. 16th Ave., Ste. A, Yakima, Washington 98902.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
1330 N. 16th Ave., Ste. A
Yakima, WA 98902
or via our toll-free number:
Because the Sunrise Magic® program is extensive, this is an abbreviated policy. For full social media terms & policies, please click here.
Social media is growing in popularity and ease as a channel which brands use to connect to consumers. However, with this growth comes regulations, changes, and questions. Most importantly, we want you to enjoy this experience of working with Sunrise Magic®! We’ve chosen you to help represent the brand on social media because we value your thoughts and opinions. Whether or not you are acting on behalf of Sunrise Magic®, or using your personal social media accounts or blogs to talk about our products or our business (e.g., projects, promotions, sales, events, company content, and initiatives), always use good judgment and remember that you are still representing the brand.
We want to help you navigate the ins and outs of posting on social media in connection to Sunrise Magic®, so we’ve compiled a few helpful tips.
Stay on Brand and On Message
- The Sunrise Magic® brand name is always followed by the registered trademark circle R (®). This is critical to building our brand, separating ourselves from other apples, and protecting our intellectual property.
- Social media is a great platform for a tone that is conversational and informal, yet professional and tasteful. Please reference our key messages and infographic for verbiage on how we describe theSunrise Magic®.
- Stay up to date with the brand’s trademarked taglines, campaign hashtags, and approved graphics and icons.
Use Good Judgement
- It is your responsibility to know and follow the appropriate guidelines of social media. This includes, but is not limited to, the FTC laws, platform-specific terms and conditions, and local regulations.
- Give (legal) credits where credits are due, and never use or repurpose content if you do not have permission.
- Negative comments are bound to pop up, but let us handle those. Avoid interacting with negative comments and notify the appropriate personnel at Sunrise Magic®.
- Avoid posting sensitive, private, or confidential company information (e.g., unannounced product launches and promotions, internal sales results, company strategy, pricing information or comparisons). This can lead to disciplinary actions or termination of agreements, which we want to avoid. If you’re not sure what to post and what not to post, we’re here to help. When in doubt, reach out!
Share the Love
- We want you to post your honest opinions and experiences – just be sure to follow the FTC’s guidelines by disclosing your relationship with the brand. This includes tagging the brand in the visual, mentioning the brand (@SunriseMagicApples) in the caption, and using the hashtag #sponsored.
- If you are reposting content or mentioning another user, please be sure to follow etiquette by mentioning (@example) and tagging the appropriate parties.
- Use ® and appropriate ™
- Maintain a professional yet conversational tone
- Disclose your relationship to the brand – be honest!
Use Caution When...
- Repurposing or reposting content
- Mentioning specific growers, partners, or companies
- Responding to comments and questions – ask for help!
- Make unsubstantiated claims
- Criticize or bash other brands or companies
- Force your opinions on the audience